Friday, September 7, 2007

Punish the Women

Some prostitutes were beheaded in Pakistan. Typically the men who used their services went unpunished.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6983692.stm

It's nothing surprisingly really, but it reminded me of this chilling book I read by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro called, 'A Mortal Glamour' a story about some nuns in some obscure convent who get punished in pretty extreme ways. I don't really want to talk about the book here because I don't want to spoil it for people who might want to read it. Let's just say it was one of the most chilling novels I have ever read in my adult life that was about the dark side of human nature!

When I first came to Europe I was rather shocked by the extent of male chauvenism here. Having heard all the propaganda in the Far East I think I really expected something else. I thought there would be far more equality between the genders in Europe than in Japan.

Because I come from a family were there was no gender discrimination, I've had trouble fitting into the world all my life. I think it's because my parents never tutored me on how to behave as a female to get my way in the world.

It took me years in my adult life before I learned to groom myself and dress up so at least I exuded femininity and I think I can say I made a pretty amazing cosmetic transformation, but the sad thing is I never learned to behave in the way we females are supposed to behave and this has caused a lot of problems in my life.

I've seen women of all nationalities do it. And it is really amazing how much they can dupe men into doing the most stupid things if you only played your cards right in this manipulating feminine way. But God it is hard to do and so humiliating and insulting to my intelligence I am a total loser at this game.

During my years at the advertising agency I did my best to act this out but even then I could only do it with men who were 20 years older than me and were graying. Somehow it was easier to believe I was pretty, young, clueless and sexy when the men looked old enough to be my father or grandfather.

I was too embarrassed to behave like this with younger men and I mean men under 45.

I guess that's why I in the end had a nervous breakdown and had to leave. But this is another story....

No comments: