Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Besam Paare (Spicy Indian Crackers)




This is my first attempt at making Besam Paare (Spicy Indian Crackers). For the recipe, please go here.

I have memories of eating very delicious spicy home made crackers at a neighbor's house when I was little, and I had a craving for them. I'm not sure if Manjula's recipe is exactly the same, but I think these are similar to the ones I remember eating. It could be the flavor of carom seeds and lentil flour that bring back memories.

I had a nice relaxing afternoon with a teapot of sweetened cardamom tea, eating these and just staring at the Mediterranean sea.

8 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

I could eat a lot of this!


The Peach Kitchen
peach and things
blowing peachkisses

ann low said...

I love this crackers but never tried to make them.

Lori said...

These look real good. Nothing like a homemade cracker. They are always the best.

Soma said...

We make something similar (but with a different name). It uses only wheat flour and they are scrumptious and addictive. I bet these were good. we call ours Nimki.

Soma -www.ecurry.com

Homer said...

Those look great. I was watching some of Manjula's videos yesterday, she is awesome.

Dewi said...

Oh, delicious. I love fried, crispy dough.

Taste of Beirut said...

If I had these in front of me, they would be gone in an hour! Oh and a glass of wine to go with them. Heaven!

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

It looks awesome and crispy
http://shanthisthaligai.blogspot.com/