Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What do to with life?

I think that there is so much propaganda around us that affects the minds of everyone that it makes it difficult to be happy at any given moment in life. If you dare to be happy a friend or relative will remind you what's lacking in your life and make you unhappy or doubt your happiness.

It's so easy to find something wrong with your life with all the demands that humanity make on you. Why can't we just sit back and enjoy life for what it offers?

Right now I'm pretty happy - or should be. I don't work. I have time to prepare slow food almost everyday. Should I wish to take a stroll the Mediterranean is only 1.5 km away. I have a partner to share life's small joys with.

Underneath it all is the pressure to achieve something noteworthy . But let's be realistic. How many people can do this even if they spend every waking hour of their life trying to do this?

Right now I'm trying to come to terms with being happy with what I can do right now, without being overly selfish and callous to the people around me.

I think it's possible to achieve some kind of a balance in life - where you can still be reasonably considerate toward others without sacrificing too much and keeping yourself in a happy state of mind.

I don't believe the utter selfishness with which some people singlemindedly pursue only their own happiness can help one be happy at the end of the day because there will be too many things to be unhappy about when you don't get your way.

There, I said it.

No comments: