Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beef Boregi with Herbs and Pine Nuts from Elra's Cooking



This was my first attempt ever, at using filo pastry and as I tried to separate the layers of filo from the package, Elra's words came to mind.

"You might not use the whole package, but always nice to have extra just in case you tear some."

And boy did I tear some...

In the end, I cheated by using bits of the torn pastry to patch-up holes in the rolled-up filo in the pan. It took 65 minutes before the top of my Boregi was nice and brown.

For the recipe, please go here.

I totally recommend this recipe and really loved the filling!



7 comments:

mike in tokyo rogers said...

That looks delicious! I wonder if you have a recipe for a veggie version?

Murasaki Shikibu said...

Mike: You might try this out. http://www.grouprecipes.com/97304/spinach-borek--flaky-spinach-pie.html
You could either try making it according to this recipe or just use the stuffing and make a big coil like Elra did.
I haven't tried this recipe out yet but it looks *right* to me. :)

Murasaki Shikibu said...

Mike: Just realized you have gout and spinach is a no-go area. Let me think about this a bit and see if I can concoct something lower in purine.

Lori said...

It looks really good Murasaki. Filo is so temperamental. I love the effect but it is such a pain. Sometimes when I buy it, it is in shreds.

Murasaki Shikibu said...

Lori: It's so nice to be back in touch with you again. I have really been way to remiss with my blog. Hopefully, I will be a little more prolific now. :)

ann low said...

This is definitely a very delicious recipe with the herbs and pine nuts in it. I would love to try it for sure :)

My Little Space said...

Glad to have found your blog. Enjoying it very much. Happy Monday.
Kristy