Thursday, March 10, 2011

Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Christina Mohseni's Estate


I was at a Rotary Club dinner on March 9, 2011. I flew in to attend it, as I had had a craving for Lebanese food for quite some time. To my delight, my friend who accompanied me won a bottle of extra virgin olive oil in the raffle, and I was even more delighted when I found out this special bottle of olive oil was produced on an estate owned by Christina Mohseni, one of the members of the Rotary Club of London. The label has stains on it as it wasn't bottled industrially and was presumably hand carried from the estate in Bibbona to London.

The olive oil had a fresh spicy smell that brought back memories of a trip I made to Tuscany more than a decade ago. I drizzled some of it onto a plate and mopped it up with some focaccia I had just made. It was heavenly.

Thank you, Christina!








9 comments:

ann low said...

This is priceless gift and I've never tried olive oil with spicy smell before. Sounds so special :)

Unknown said...

i love olive oil I buy in the south east of france directly from the producer !!!pierre

Lori said...

Heavenly is right. Nothing like olive oil and bread. SO nice to enjoy simple food that is quality made.

Dewi said...

I mostly use olive oil for cooking. You are so lucky to received such a wonderful gift.

Taste of Beirut said...

Oh I would have loved a sample bottle too! and thanks so much for setting me straight on the silverfish! :)

Heguiberto said...

This olive oil sounds excellent. I really enjoy those with grassy, spicy flavors. Have you ever been to an olive oil tasting? I've been wanting to for so long.

The name for your blog is super cool!

Homer said...

I am jealous!

Unknown said...

hope you will post soon !
pierre

mike in tokyo rogers said...

You need to blog more often!!!!