Friday, December 3, 2010

David Lebovitz's Chocolate-Almond Buttercrunch Toffee Recipe



We're in that period leading up to Christmas now and the supermarket is full of Dulces de Navidad. I bought a whole array of dried fruit, including Spanish Fig Bread, French truffles and other things and stuffed them in a box to send to Sweden. Then, I went home and decided to make Chocolate-Almond Buttercrunch Toffee.

I did some research but in the end decided to follow David Lebovitz's recipe because his recipes always work, and I can tell you I wasn't sorry I did. It was very easy to make and as long as you have a candy thermometer and didn't fail chemistry (and it's not one of those bad candy days) I think you'll be fine.

I used 100g of hazelnut and 100g of almonds in mine. Other than that I followed the recipe to a tee.

For the recipe please go here.

5 comments:

Lori said...

I have been wanting to make toffee. This one sounds really good. Very yummy Murasaki.

ann low said...

Mmm...this looks really good! I could have some right now :)

Dorte said...

uhmmm ... looks very yummi ... but chemistry is not for me :)

Taste of Beirut said...

This looks like an addictive treat; I can picture how good it must be with a cup of Turkish coffee!

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious. I love D.L.'s recipes--they're always delicious but also often a twist on the typical!