Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's that time of month again....Paper Chef #39

Paper Chef is a fun and innovative food blogger's event that Owen of Tomatilla started. When Owen decided to take a vacation from the Internet, Ilva of Lucullian Delights offered to keep this event going and kept it going, she has.

I've decided to take a break from Paper Chef this month because the difficulty of getting ingredients can be nerve-wracking. Last month I spent 3 days hunting down dried figs and seriously, when I finally found some they were overpriced and not very nice ones.

Anyway I love this event nonetheless because it really is a great chance to get creative, innovative and meet other bloggers, but I've decided to limit my participation to when the ingredients are more 'available' in my sleepy little town in Southern Spain.

This month the Paper Chef ingredients are: Artichokes, bulgar, salmon and blackberries. It's hosted by Adrienne of Hungry Bruno, the winner of the last round.

Artichokes are dirt cheap now and cost only 75 centimos per kilo now and I have tons of bulgar in my pantry and salmon even though unappetizing (the salmon I've seen around here never look fresh enough for some reason) are an easy find.

This month the offending ingredient was blackberry. I mean where am I going to get blackberries in Torremolinos? I remember seeing frozen berries in places like London or even Regensburg, but have never seen them locally here. So well, I'll just have to be content to be in the gallery and admire the lovely creations everyone else makes!

I'd like to encourage people to participate if getting the aforementioned ingredients isn't a problem. I promise that it will be a lot of fun and you'll be surprised at the ideas you and other participants will come-up with.

There is also the option of substituting any hard to get ingredients or ingredients you do not eat due to health/religious/vegan principles - and if this does not spoil the fun for you as it does for me, please do send in your entry.

To quote Adrienne of Hungry Bruno: "Blog it up, and email it to paperchef AT gmail DOT com by midnight on Tuesday, April 7th."

Go out and get those ingredients now! If you don't have a blog - please leave a message here and I'll be happy to post your entry in my blog.

For those of you who don't have blogs, this is what you need to do:

1. Email Paperchef AT gmail DOT com by midnight on Tuesday, April 7th.

2. Email yutakahazuki AT hotmail DOT com with your recipe and a JPG of the entry BEFORE the above mentioned deadline....so I have time to post your entry.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Im skipping too for this very reason I could get frozen blackberries but I just dont want to buy more stuff.